“Confirmation is the means by which the Holy Spirit is poured out upon the baptised candidate, just as the Holy Spirit was given to the apostles at Pentecost….The Holy Spirit draws the candidate closer to Christ. The Holy Spirit also strengthens the person to live as a witness of Christ:” ~ Springer, 2011 p40
In the Sydney Archdiocese, the sacrament of Confirmation is conferred upon a child in year 6. The candidate should be turning 11 years of age or older in the year in which they are to be Confirmed.
Each candidate nominates a sponsor who is a Confirmed and practising Catholic over the age of 16 years. The role of the sponsor is to provide spiritual guidance and support to the candidate and present the candidate to the Bishop for anointing on the day of Confirmation. Each candidate must choose a Catholic Saints name for their Confirmation name. The chosen saint should be someone the candidate admires for their deeds or qualities.
Dear Parents, Caregivers and Candidates,
The application form for our Confirmation 2021 sacramental program can be downloaded by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
ELIGIBIITY TO RECEIVE THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION
- Your child must be in Year 6 or above in 2021 to receive Confirmation
- Have received the Sacrament of Baptism, Reconciliation and First Communion.
ENROLMENTS CONCLUDE MONDAY 14th MAY 2021.
Your child’s enrolment is guaranteed when the parish office has received your completed form, payment and copy of Baptism and First Reconciliation and First Communion certificate.
2021 Schedule of Dates
- Information Session (Compulsory for one parent): Monday 17th May 2021 @ 6.30pm (in the Church)
This meeting is important to attend as our lesson outline will be explained and your sacrament date and time options will be available.
- Commitment Mass (across all masses) – 22nd/23rd May 2021
- Lesson 1 - 3:30pm Saturday 29th May
- Lesson 2 – 3.30pm Saturday 5th June
- Lesson 3 – 3.30pm Saturday 12th June
- Lesson 4 – 3.30pm Saturday 19th June
All lessons will take place in the Parish Hall/Church
- Confirmation Rehearsal - 6:00pm, Friday, 19th November 2021
Confirmation Date: Friday, 26th November 2021 @ 6.00pm
The Enrolment Fee for Confirmation 2021 is $50.
(This Fee covers the cost of workbooks and associated printing of resources, pins, necklaces, certificates, and photographer.)
For more information please contact the Sacramental Team on 9746 6131 (option 3)
– or –
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org