“Confirmation is the means by which the Holy Spirit is poured out upon the baptised candidate, just as the Holy Spirit was given to the apostles at Pentecost….The Holy Spirit draws the candidate closer to Christ. The Holy Spirit also strengthens the person to live as a witness of Christ:” ~ Springer, 2011 p40
In the Sydney Archdiocese, the sacrament of Confirmation is conferred upon a child in year 6. The candidate should be turning 11 years of age or older in the year in which they are to be Confirmed.
Each candidate nominates a sponsor who is a Confirmed and practising Catholic over the age of 16 years. The role of the sponsor is to provide spiritual guidance and support to the candidate and present the candidate to the Bishop for anointing on the day of Confirmation. Each candidate must choose a Catholic Saints name for their Confirmation name. The chosen saint should be someone the candidate admires for their deeds or qualities.
Confirmation for 2020
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated on Friday the 18th of September 2020 @6.00 pm at St Martha’s Parish.
ELIGIBILITY TO RECEIVE THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION:
- Your child must be in Year 6 or above in 2020.
- Have received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
ENROLMENTS CONCLUDE Thursday 13th of August 2020
Your child’s enrolment is guaranteed when the parish has received your completed form, payment and copy of Baptism, Reconciliation and Communion certificates. Applications need to be completed online.
We will receive verification of your enrolment.
Please observe the following important dates:
- Tuesday, 11th August: Facilitators meeting in the Parish Meeting Room
- Sat. 15th August: Welcome, Lesson 1 @ 3:00pm
- Sat. 15th August: Commitment Mass @ 5:00pm
- Sat. 22 August: Lesson 2 @ 4.00pm
- Sat. 29th August: Lesson 3 @ 4.00pm
- Sat. 5th September: Lesson 4 @ 4.00pm
- Sat. 12th September: Retreat / Practice @ 2:00pm
- Friday 18th September: Confirmation @ 6.00pm
For more information please contact the Sacramental Team on 9746 6131 (option 3)
– or –
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org