“The sacrament of Reconciliation was previously called the sacrament of penance and words such as confession and confessional were commonly used. Confession names only one part of the sacrament, while reconciliation names what is most important about the sacrament: the forgiveness of our sins by God.” ~ J. Springer 2010 p5
It is the practice in the Archdiocese of Sydney that children receive the sacrament of reconciliation in year 2. It is the practice of the Church that children be prepared for this sacrament before receiving their First Holy Communion.
Reconciliation 2021 (Term 4)
Dear Parents, Caregivers and Candidates,
The application form for our Confirmation 2021 sacramental program can be downloaded by clicking the button on this page of our website.
ELIGIBIITY TO RECEIVE THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
- Your child must be in Year 2 or above in 2021 to make Reconciliation
- Have received the Sacrament of Baptism.
ENROLMENTS CONCLUDE FRIDAY 8th OCTOBER 2021.
Your child’s enrolment is guaranteed when the parish office has received your completed form, payment and copy of Baptism certificate.
2021 Schedule of Dates
- Information Session (Compulsory for one parent): Monday 11th October 2021 6.30pm @ St Martha’s Church
This meeting is important to attend as our lesson outline will be explained and your sacrament date and time options will be available.
- Lesson 1 - 3:00pm Saturday 16th October
- Lesson 2 – 3.00pm Saturday 23rd October
- Lesson 3 – 3.00pm Saturday 30th October
- Final lesson plus Rehearsal – 3.00pm Saturday 6th November
All lessons will take place in the Parish Hall/ Final lesson in the Church.
First Reconciliation Sacrament Date: Tuesday 9th November & Thursday 11th November at 6.30pm
The Enrolment Fee for First Reconciliation 2021 is $50.
(This Fee covers the cost of workbooks and associated printing of resources, pins, necklaces & certificates)